Job Title and Responsibilities:
Your official job title: Java Software Developer
An overview of your responsibilities:
· Leading on the java side of the redevelopment of the RIF.
· Ongoing support for the RIF.
I’ve worked in software development for thirty years, mainly in banking software. Most of that involved writing a financial messaging platform, and message-oriented middleware.
My most recent project before SAHSU was a contract for the Home Office in Croydon, developing software to help caseworkers with immigration support and right-to-work checks.
For most of my career my main language has been Java. Lately I’ve been adding Java 8 experience, with lambdas and streams and so on.
I also have experience in all the major database platforms, including exclusively running a project to rationalise the data definition language across four platforms into a single set of scripts.
BSc (Hons) in physics from the University of Edinburgh
· Software development in Java, including Java 8
· Databases and SQL (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
· Liquibase for database management
· RESTful web services
· Java EE, including IBM WebSphere and Apache Tomcat, and JSPs and servlets
· Messaging, including JMS and IBM’s WebSphere MQ